Friday, August 30, 2013

My Top 5 Most Anticipated Anime of the Fall Season 2013

5. KILL LA KILL



Okay, Okay, I know that school action has been done before, but we got to look at the ones producing it here. Trigger. Never heard of Trigger? Maybe you have heard of Hiroyuki Imaishi. He played a part in the creation of great anime such as FLCL, Neon Genesis Evangelion, and directed Gurren Lagann. Now you know why I am excited for this show. I hope it has all of the exaggerated, awesome action that Gurren Lagann has and maybe even more.




4. YAHARI ORE NO SEISHUN LOVE COME WA MACHIGATTEIRU



So I have seen a lot of RomCom anime in my day, and I have to say I did not expect much from it when I first started watching. Then came the pessimistic main character Hachiman Hikigaya. With his many eloquent monologues about human life, I was enthralled with this show. Sadly the ending of the first season was not satisfying enough for me, so when I heard of an OVA episodes needless to say I got quite excited.



3. GENSHIKEN NIDAIME OVA



If you are watching Genshiken Nidaime, just hearing of more episodes just thrills me. Though not as dark as the older Genshikens it still has the same themes. I have enjoyed most of the stuff they added to Genshiken especially some of the moe stuff, so I am pretty sold on this series. Then the last and only reason needed for me to be super excited for this show. Kenjirou Hato. God damn she is cute, and makes me confused.



2. KARA NO KYOUKAI: MIRAI FUKUIN



One word. Ufotable. They are on a roll lately with Fate/Zero + all of the Kara No Kyoukai movies. With the newest addition about to be added, I really have to finish the last 2 movies that I did not quite have time to see. Ufotable productions are always packed with immaculate action sequences, but the real kicker that I love about this company, is that they do not dilute the action sequences with fan service. I love fan service, but I want it tastefully done, at the right time, and they know how to time it perfectly. The last movie I watched the 5th in the series was the nail in the coffin for me to become a die hard fan. The masterful story telling that linked it all together in the end. Just great to watch.



1. KYOUKAI NO KANATA



Kyoto Animation making a show with the main attraction not being moe? *GASP* No but seriously I am glad KyotoAni is doing something different for a bit. As much as I enjoyed Tamako Market, I do crave something different from this company every once and a while. (P.S. I am not talking Free! , though I do not hate on that show for stupid reasons like some people, its just not for me.) So when KyotoAni announced Kyoukai No Kanata a dark fantasy / supernatural I was immediately titillated. Yes titillated. Its a fun word so I am going to use it! Anyways back to the point. supernatural, school life, KyotoAniDo these words ring any bells? Oh yeah that little known show called The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. So I am enthusiastic, and really can see the potential in this show. Hopefully KyotoAni will be able to pull through and not disappoint. Also I am obsessed with the character designs in this show, and I am sure I will get the fan service to satiate this lust



Hnnnnnng so Cute



*DISCLAIMER* All images / videos used above are property of their rightful owners! If I have offended anyone or if you want to request to remove anything e-mail me at andrewdt1506@gmail.com and I will remove them.
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment