Tuesday, November 26, 2013

15 Anime series that have touched my heart

I was tagged by a good friend mine in Facebook about 15 anime titles that have touched my heart.Well, I can't say that some of them did touch my heart in ways that could move mountains and split the deepest seas, but, they are there for the sheer fact of nostalgia and fond memories I had while watching them.And like the rest of my otaku friends, it's just literally hard to put just 15 when there are a lot to include in this list.

So without further ado, here are my top 15 in no particular order. (on top of my head...after the rules of course...)

THE RULES: DON'T TAKE TOO LONG TO THINK ABOUT IT. FIFTEEN ANIME YOU'VE SEEN THAT WILL ALWAYS STICK WITH YOU. LIST THE FIRST FIFTEEN YOU CAN RECALL IN NO MORE THAN FIFTEEN MINUTES.




Tag fifteen friends, including me, because I'm interested in seeing what anime my friends choose. (To do this, go to your Notes tab on your profile page, paste rules in a new note, cast your fifteen picks, and tag people in the note -- upper right hand side.)



1. TENCHI MUYO IN LOVE: TENCHI FOREVER MOVIE 3



I haven't seen all Tenchi TV series/OVAs/Movies, but I do have a bit of knowledge of who is who and what the plot generally is, but there is something about this movie that made me want to watch it over and over again.It might be because of the plot where the general theme is longingness and escape from the real world and just be someone who you would want to be.It might be because of the awesome musical score with haunting melodies and fast-paced tunes.(I love the music so much, I bought the OST.) It might be both... :D



It's an obscure title to be on the list but then again, there will be a lot of em obscure ones in this list... :))



2. FRUITS BASKET



I like how this anime made me laugh and cry manly tears at the same time.Each and every character's background has been told in such a way, it melted and crushed my heart...XDDAnd to think the anime is not complete, I've still yet to read the manga.



3. GENSHIKEN



I like this anime because it made me wish that there was a club like this back in my school days.It's really hard to find friends with the same interest and just hang out in a place and just talk about anything about manga, anime, videogames, and everything you like inbetween.



4. GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES



Who can manage to smile in the midst of a great crisis, hunger and depression.These two but not me... ;;



5. STEINS;GATE



I really like the plot twists of this title and how you can unravel all mysteries at the end of the series.Try watching episode 1 again after finishing this anime and you'll see what I mean... :))



6. PLEASE SAVE MY EARTH



It's an OVA of the manga series.It's not complete as some of the details in the anime are not fully explained but it touched my heart. (right in the kokoro....XD) Especially the last episode where you will find out the origins of one the characters in the story.Every once in a while, I find myself re-watching it again and again and still have the same teary-eyed reaction and always find it strangely fulfilling even if the story was cut short.



7. TSUBASA RESERVOIR CHRONICLES



Ahhh...this series...this series make me smile and cry...reminisce a favorite chapter in my life.It was good when it lasted.I just only wish it lasted forever...



8. RANMA 1/2



The anime series that started it all for me.Strangely enough, I learned about Ranma in a form of a SNES game called Ranma 1/2: Hard Battle.Me and my cousin would take a break from playing Street Fighter II and play this game instead.Then as I happen to go channel surfing on cable TV, I stumbled upon Star Mandarin channel that showed this series.Even if I didn't understand a lick of Chinese (like Ranma did in the series...XDD) I kept on watching episode after episode after episode.The rest is history... :))



9. MAISON IKKOKU



When Ranma 1/2 ended in Star Mandarin, this was the next anime series in the lineup.This was my very first brush with a shoujo series and I'm glad it was Maison Ikkoku.Though a romance-comedy series, it never failed to capture my heart and find love on one of the main characters in the series (Kyoko Otonashi).I vowed one day to find English subs for both Ranma 1/2 and Maison Ikkoku and rewatch them again.I did it with Maison Ikkoku and will do so on Ranma 1/2.Back then when there was no internet, I will wait for twelve midnight for a new episode and wake up at five in the morning just to watch the rerun before going to school.I did it every weekdays for both Ranma 1/2 and Maison Ikkoku. Ah...good times... :))



10.MIYUKI



When the Maison Ikkou series ended, I was left wanting for more because it was such a good show.This series was next in the lineup so I gave it a try.Although made by a different artist, I find the story to be a bit unorthodox at that time.But nevertheless, I enjoyed it and gave it the same treatment with the last few shows.The ending theme was so soothing and reminiscent of the 80s.Best time of my life...



11.NEON GENESIS EVANGELION



My very first sci-fi anime series and one that is most memorable because of a lot of over the top scenes and plot twistings. Truly one of the pillars of the anime industry.I like it for it's human instrumentality project.Not to mention the killer soundtrack that is appropriate for every scene in the series. #animeaudiophileisme



12.VISION OF ESCAFLOWNE



An underrated anime IMHO.I like how the story and it's characters made me hate them so much and love them as well.And applause for the ending of the series because it veered away from the usual I-must-be-with-you-no-matter-what-even-if-my-universe-is-crumbling-I-don't-give-a-rat's-ass-as-long-as-I-love-you-and-we-are-together-who-needs-the-world? plot.Thanks for keeping it real... :))



13.RUROUNI KENSHIN



I especially love the OVA Tomoe arc.So much emotions and quotable quotes.The series can be funny and epic at the same time.... :))



14. CARDCAPTOR SAKURA



Even if the series is too cute, I find it tolerable...XDDWhat I like about it is that almost every episode, Sakura uses a different costume and how they find out different types of clow cards to catch.



15.YOU'RE UNDER ARREST



Love the 4 episode OVA the most.I loss count already how much I watched it.It was back in my college years when I grew addicted to this series and proceeded to collect almost all of their OSTs and BMG soundtracks.My VHS copy of this anime has seen better days due to constant rewinding and playing...XDDHas a simple plot and memorable characters and episodes.Definitely up there on my list of animes.



So there you have it. My top 15 animes.There are a lot more but cannot fit in the short list. Special mentions to Yu Yu Hakusho, Ah My Goddess, and Sailormoon.Haha...I'm more into shoujo than shounen shows... :))
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment