Wednesday, January 8, 2014

A New Project for 2014: A to Z Anime Reviews

(FROM TOP RIGHT, COUNTER-CLOCKWISE) A-KO, B-KO & C-KO



A new year brings new opportunities and I came up with an idea last week to bring semi-regular content to the blog for 2014: an A-to-Z anime review project.




I already announced the basic idea for the project - one anime review every two weeks for each letter in the Latin alphabet -on New Years' Eve and have started watching my choice for "A", which I plan to have finished watching and to have a post published in a week's time (January 14th or 15th).



My personal criteria for narrowing down the possible series/OVAs/movies I might write about for this year-long feature include:



* not having previously watched more than a couple episodes (TV series & OVAs).



* for TV series, they should generally be no longer than 26 episodes. First seasons only, in the case of multiple-season series. (Of course, I may write about subsequent seasons in separate posts later.)



* trying using the complete commonly-accepted English title for each work, which will be the Region 1 localized name in most cases (e.g. Neon Genesis Evangelion would fall under N, not E for Evangelion) but not always.



* a particular title must have had its theatrical debut or its episode aired/released before January 1, 2014.



I've made a list of what I am interested in watching for each of the 26 reviews but feel free to suggest titles for any letter (except for A) in the comments or in a reply on Twitter and I'll take them into consideration.
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment