Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Arcane Specials: Top 20 Anime Openings Of All Time

TOP 20 ANIME OPENINGS OF ALL TIME



Happy Holidays ladies, peoples, and animals! It is I, the Arcane Reviewer, here to bring you another extra treat this week. Earlier this week I gave you guys a little extra review from me to you but I still had to do something to make up for no Wednesday review right?Well I've decided that I will give you lovely people my favorite anime openings of all time. Now before I begin I will say that this is my list so If you dislike it well I'm sorry but this is my own personal taste. But if you feel like you have a better list then please make your own and share it with me, that could be very fun to see. So now lets get this show on the road with number 20!




NUMBER 20: "ROCK THE DRAGON" FROM DRAGONBALL Z



Ahh, nostalgia. Yes I can remember this song being played all through out my house and this song being stuck in my head for weeks. Despite that fact that DBZ has had some pretty damn good Japaneses songs none of them really hit the level of awesome and excitement that Rock The Dragon seemed to inspire. The song is just full of like 7 lyrics, people screaming, and fighting. Which fits oh so perfectly with what DBZ is all about. Plus you can't deny that guitar is just badass. Rock The Dragon, it sure as hell rocked all of us as kids.



NUMBER 19: "NEVER SAY NEVER" FROM DANGANRONPA



This opening. What can I say about this opening? Oh I know, it's so bad that it's good! Like this opening has some pretty cheesy white boy rapping then some Engrish lyrics going on. But this song just seems so beautiful in it's cheesiness that I love it so much. While the anime itself looks pretty fun and interesting to watch I can that if it's a disappointment then at least I still have this cheesy ass song to listen to. Never Say Never, it's so awful it some how becomes awesome.



NUMBER 18: "I WANNA BE THE VERY BEST" FROM POKEMON



You know damn well that you where singing this song back when you where a kid. This song single-handedly cursed all middle schools across the land back in the early 2000's and I wouldn't have it any other way. Yes this intro is so damn famous that people actually forget that Pokemon even had a Japanese intro. Don't worry folks I didn't know either. This song is not only catchy but it's genuinely really well written. The song just inspires you to do something great and soon you start wanting to be the very best at whatever the hell it is that you're doing at the time. It's that damn good. The Pokemon intro, my God are you catchy.



NUMBER 17: "SAKURA KISS" FROM OURAN HIGH SCHOOL HOST CLUB



Yes I admit it! I love Ouran and even more so I love this intro to death. Sakura Kiss is a very sweet song and I feel that it was a very cute way to open up Ouran. I would always enjoy sitting through the intro then getting ready to enjoy some Host Club and I never once got tried of listening to it. I love this song and you should too, on a side note go watch Ouran it's amazing! Sakura Kiss, I am in fact this songs love.



NUMBER 16: "SMILE BOMB" FROM YU YU HAKUSHO



This song is just beautiful but only the English dub. While I have nothing against the original Japanese version I feel as though the song really made it's mark as an amazing intro when the dub was made. The singer is just great at delivering the lyrics and the song sounds so heart touching in English. It also helps that I grew up to this version so I am in fat very bias to it but hey it's my list. Smile Bomb, like it's namesake it always puts a smile on my face.



NUMBER 15: "FRECKLES" FROM RUROUNI KENSHIN



This song is kind of a trick. The song starts off heavy on the guitar and you think that it's gonna be all hardcore and badass but then the lyrics kick in. Once that happens you kinda have to stop and wonder if the song changed or something. That my friends is why Freckles is so awesome. It plays with your expectations and then gives you something that you didn't really ask for but you're glad that you got it anyway. Because despite that fact that the sing is pretty cutesy and silly it's pretty damn catchy and easy to get stuck in your head. But at the same time it matches the character of Kenshin, a man who could take out an entire army of people but at the same time is just a big lovable goof. Freckles, oh how you toy with my mind.



NUMBER 14: "PURE PARE-DO" FROM TORADORA!



My god this song is so full of energy! This is the reason why I feel that's it's so damn good because you feel like a lot is going on in this song and the intro itself. The song is just to faced paced and fun to listen to I feel like it would be a crime for me not to put it on the list! I just have the biggest and the dumbest smile on my face ever I listen to it and I just can't get enough! The anime is pretty good to so you should also check it out. Pure Pare-Do, what the fuck does that even mean?



NUMBER 13: "WHAT'S UP, PEOPLE?!" FROM DEATH NOTE



This song is fucking metal! Now I do like Death Note's first opening I never felt like it ever had the same impact that the anime had. It just didn't seem to fit to me. So imagine how surprised I was when I was laying down about to watch another episode of Death Note on Adult Swim. When suddenly this song comes out of left field and just attacks me with heavy metal and dark Gothic imagery. This opening is what I felt like should have been the opening from the beginning, because not only is it just a kick ass song to play but it really does match with the fucked up imagery and dark nature that Death Note had to offer and that's why it's on the list. What's Up, People, what a pleasant surprise you were.



NUMBER 12: "MY SOUL, YOUR BEATS!" FROM ANGEL BEATS!



Say what you want about the anime itself, I know I have. My Soul, Your Beats is by itself a brilliant song. The song just pulls you in thanks to the lovely piano and it just so pleasing to the ears to listen to all the way through. The animation is also a nice addition to the song as it shows off all the characters nicely and has some pretty images to show off. Really you can't go wrong with this opening as it is just pretty as a whole. My Soul, Your Beats, such a lovely song for such a lack luster anime.



NUMBER 11: "MOONLIGHT DENSETSU" FROM SAILOR MOON



Another nostalgia bomb heading your way! Yeah I just couldn't resist putting this song on the list because I just adore it. Even though the English dub is very nice I feel like the original Japaneses version wins by land slide here. The song just sounds mystical and almost surreal that it goes very well with the tone and style of Sailor Moon. Plus this song is a classic in the anime world so it has all of my respect. Moonlight Densetsu, charming your ears by moonlight and relaxing your senses by daylight.



NUMBER 10: "CROSSING FIELD" FROM SWORD ART ONLINE



Now while I don't really care for Sword Art Online itself I will not lie about how good it's opening is. This opening is just a joy and gets you in the mood to get into a fight......like in Skyrim or something not for real. This song can just pump you up and you're just in for the ride the whole time. Also the drums do a great job in making this song really badass! Crossing Field, if this song played every time I played the game I don't think I'd mind being stuck in it.



NUMBER 9: "JUST COMMUNICATION" FROM GUNDAM WING



When it comes to Gundam openings I feel like this is the best. I love how this song has a bit of that techno sound to it but if also assisted by great vocals andawesome Gundam fighting in the back. Simply put this song stands out when it comes to Gundam openings and I've yet to hear a opening that can top this one. Just Communication, the definitive Gundam intro, in my opinion.



NUMBER 8: "DISILLUSION" FROM FATE/STAY NIGHT



Fate/Stay Night, why can't I escape you? Well at least this time I can say something good about you instead of tearing you to pieces like I normally do. As you can see Fate/Stay Night wasn't a very good anime but I can say that it have a wonderful intro song! Disillusion is the type of song I expect to here in a anime about legendary heroes from across time fighting it out. This song has such a mysterious vibe and a mystical sound that it just makes you almost sleepy but in a good way. Then it builds up to a fast and battle like tune that gets you all excited and pumped for some out of this world versus matches that you could only dream of! This intro is truly one hell of an intro. Disillusion, why couldn't you be Fate/Zero's intro song?



NUMBER 7: "GUREN NO YUMIYA" FROM ATTACK ON TITAN



Look at that! Attack On Titan's opening is on a top openings list! Shock of all shocks I did not see this coming! Yeah I know this is a obvious as hell choice but guess what? Fuck it, this song's awesome. Guren No Yumiya is just a badass song that has pretty much exploded all over the internet as well as the anime that's it's attached to. It really is just one of those songs that very anime fan can agree on in saying just how good it is. It's also nice to see that the song has a little bit of German in it seeing as how Attack On Titan takes place in Germany. Guren No Yumiya, this song well be playing while humanity wins over the Titans.....my God that sounded nerdy.



NUMBER 6: "DUVET" FROM SERIAL EXPERIMENTS LAIN



Duvet is a very unique song indeed. Not only because it's the opening to one of the most interesting and surreal anime that has ever been made but that fact that it's actually in English. Yeah the original to Lain is in English, the song hasn't been translated at all. I feel like this fits right into the almost alien like setting the Lain finds herself in through out the whole anime. The song's lyrics also have some pretty heavy meanings in them and they seem to reflect off of Lain herself so well. You feel just as lost as she is as this song goes along and it's just a beauty to listen to. Duvet, a surreal intro for a surreal anime. Would you have any other way?



NUMBER 5: "LILIUM" FROM ELFEN LIED



If there was any opening that I feel earned it's spot on this list from just one listen alone it's Lilium. With Elfen Lied being as crazy popular as it is and it being my personal favorite anime of all time I feel like it would be criminal not to put this high up on the list. The song is just so beautiful to listen to that it can bring tears to my eyes and the vocals and violins are just to die for. You also have the art in the opening which is modified versions of actual paintings which fits perfectly because this song and opening are just that, art. Lilium, truly a modern among anime openings.



NUMBER 4: "H.T." FROM TRIGUN



Oh yeah baby! This is the be all end all of guitar rifts! H.T. is the song that created air guitar and it is still unmatched even to this day when it comes to guitars in anime openings. Simply put it this song is just so sweet you'll find yourself trying to copy the notes, it's that good. It also fit well with the wild and hectic feeling and tone Trigun has and it's just so damn fun to sit through this then watch a damn fine episode afterwards. H.T., excuse me folks I think I have some air guitaring to do.



NUMBER 3: "TANK" FROM COWBOY BEBOP



Okay 3, 2, 1 here's why Tank is awesome. Sorry I tried to sound as cool as that dude in the song but yeah Tank is just plane cool. With a show like Bebop that pays so much tribute western movies and music it only seems right to have an intro that not only pay tribute to jazz music but also to the Bond films. Seriously you can't watch this intro and say it doesn't look like a Bond film intro. To this day I don't think that any intro has hit the same level of cool that Bebop hit but that in of itself a very hard thing to do. That being said there are two entries here that I fell have hit that same level of quality that Bebop has, so how about we move on huh? Tank, see you in space cowboy.



NUMBER 2: "CRUEL ANGEL THESIS" FROM NEON GENESIS EVANGELION



This opening right here is not only catchy but it really get's you in the mood to watch Eva! Even the half of the show where everyone has lost their minds........yeah. But in all seriousness this song really is a classic when it comes to intros. The fits really well with what's going on while at the same time being really energetic about watching a bunch of depress people on the verge of killing themselves..........wow. Eva's fucked up. Cruel Angel Thesis, a catchy song for a depressing as hell anime.......I think I need help.



NUMBER 1: "MY DEAREST" FROM GUILTY CROWN



This ladies, peoples, and animals is the highest point for an anime intro. Now while I did say that Guilty Crown it self was a bit of a crappy anime I have to say that this song is just so beautiful that I couldn't in good conscious put it anywhere else on this list but the number one spot. This song just oozes out all the makings of a great intro. Beautiful animation, amazing music, heart touching lyrics, and oh my God the drums. The drums are just so outstanding that it almost makes the whole song. But you also have the violins, guitar, and piano that just pushes this song's quality even higher that is breaks through the damn atmosphere and sitting on a thrown on the moon, waiting for another anime opening to even try to reach it's level of awesome! Yes folks I believe that this song is that damn good. I've yet to see any other anime opening that can match this one and trust me, I've seen a lot of anime. My Dearest, my number one favorite anime opening of all time.

I hope all of you guys enjoyed this list and it was a blast making it for you. Happy Holidays and have a great New Years. Now if you don't mind I have some wonderful songs to listen too.

Side Note: Just in case you're wondering. I will be reviewing Fate/Zero next week, I promise.
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment