Friday, September 20, 2013

"Rebuild 1.0

"REBUILD 1.0 - YOU ARE (NOT) | YOU CAN (NOT)" ()

Beat used: Imagine Dragons "Radioactive"




A new song that's about the Evangelion Rebuild series. Here's a video cut from footage of Evangelion 2.0 - You Can (Not) Advance.



Over the past month, I've done a tour, gone to PAX, gone to Otakon, did a Firefly-themed burlesque show, had the flu, moved apartments, finished a new album and ended a relationship. It goes without saying that this past month has been incredibly taxing. So I just wanted to take a moment to say thank you to all the amazing people who've made it fun, who've made the bad times bearable. Thank you to all the new friends and fans who've made life a bit better, when sometimes, life was maybe getting me down. You might not have noticed, but some of you definitely saved my sanity on a daily basis. Even if it's just a tweet or a casual word or two.



I've always associated Neon Genesis Evangelion with sadness. At its heart, it's about really broken people who are trying to find love or acceptance; and I watched it for the first time when I was in high school, when that kind of that would understandably get to me. Watching this Rebuild series that Hideaki Anno has been releasing is a weird thing. It's like watching something you love being torn apart and put back together with shinier parts. It's new and exciting, but it will always lack some of the magic it had the first time you saw it. Don't get me wrong, this doesn't mean that I don't love it. I do. It's just a weird experience.



There's not much you can do after life gets reshuffled to such a degree, except try to rebuild. I wrote this song about that feeling. So it's kind of about Evangelion. It's sort of about my personal experiences lately. I don't know. Take from it what you will. Hope you enjoy it.



I'm back, I'm recharged. I'm ready to start making new music again. I got some great ideas. Trust me.
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment